100% Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
100% seeks to maintain a reputation as a manufacturer of high quality Moto, MTB, eyewear and other products. It has determined that a MAP Policy will build and maintain its reputation and the integrity of its high quality products. This MAP Policy is also intended to encourage competition in the sale of 100% products in a manner consistent with the long-term interests of resellers and their customers.
Minimum Advertised Price List
100% will provide a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) List on an annual basis or as those prices change as determined by 100% in its sole discretion. Each change will state the date it will take effect. Products on the MAP List must be advertised by dealers at or above the MAP price in accordance with this Policy. Products that are not on the MAP List will not be subject to this MAP policy.
Scope of Advertising
This MAP Policy applies only to prices advertised by dealers. It does not apply to actual transactional sale prices charged by dealers to a customer, and dealers remain free to charge whatever sales price they choose. Dealers are also not required to advertise a price for 100% products. When the do, however, they are required to abide by this policy.
This MAP policy applies to prices advertised by dealers using the following forms of advertising:
- Printed advertisements published in or on newspapers, magazines, inserts, catalogs, and flyers
- Outdoor signs and billboards
- Broadcast advertisements transmitted via radio, television, satellite radio, or computer or mobile applications
- E-commerce advertising, including email promotions, paid search results and ad words, and promotions paid for or released by dealers to third party websites and mobile applications
- Content promoting 100% products on any page of a store website or display on a mobile application, including pages dedicated to categories of products and specific products
- Advertisements that include “call for price,” “email for price,” “click for price,” or similar language shall be deemed to have violated this policy
The MAP Policy does not seek to control any of the following as forms of advertising:
- In-store signs, banners, hang tags, displays, or price tags
- Check-out and “shopping cart” pages on websites and mobile applications
- Price quotes provided in response to a direct consumer inquiry, whether transmitted in person, by phone, email, fax, or any other means of communication
In addition, to advertising a price below that on the MAP List, the following forms of advertised promotions also violate the MAP Policy:
- “Buy one / get one” promotions and similar promotions that include 100% products
- Rebates, coupons, or gift cards expressly provided in exchange for purchases of 100% products that would cause the advertised price to be below that listed on the MAP List
- Advertisements of site wide discounts or offers that do not specifically exclude 100% products
The following promotional activities do not violate the MAP policy:
- Advertisements or offers for free shipping, sales tax inapplicable or free financing of 100% products
- Any promotions or promotional events initiated or otherwise authorized by 100%
- Loyalty programs associated with store-wide purchases
Failure to Comply with MAP Policy
Dealers remain free to determine how to advertise prices for 100% products, and it is entirely within dealers’ discretion to comply or not comply with this MAP Policy. Nonetheless, 100% will unilaterally monitor this MAP Policy and any failure to abide by this Policy will result in the loss of the ability to purchase products from 100% or its distributors, as well as the loss of authorized dealer status.
Any questions or comments concerning this MAP Policy or the MAP Price List must be directed exclusively in writing to the policy administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Under no circumstances are employees or sales representatives of 100% authorized to, nor shall they, discuss, negotiate or amend the MAP Policy. The policy administrator shall be responsible for determining whether a violation of the policy has occurred and communicating that decision to dealers. 100% independently monitors and investigates actions of dealers to determine any conduct that is contrary to the MAP Policy.